Automatic Extinguishing System: the most reliable Protection against Fires
Stationary Fire Protection
The EmiControls automatic extinguishing system is a complete system, works fully automatically and is individually adapted to the needs of our customers.
An ideally matched pump station forms the basis for an optimally functioning extinguishing system. The pump station is not only the water supply but also the central element of every fire protection system. In the event of an emergency, it must be reliable and 100% operational. The system works fully automatically and is fully adapted to the wishes and needs of the customer – considering local conditions.
The pump container can be combined with an extinguishing monitor, the FT10e fire-fighting turbine or spraying nozzles, depending on the area of application.
All advantages of automatic extinguishing systems at a glance:
- Complete solution – ready for operation
- Best protection for critical areas (turbine, monitor and nozzles)
- Fully automatic / early detection (infrared)
Photo: Cross-section of a PumpContainer
Configuration of an automatic extinguishing system:
The PumpContainer accommodates:
- the extinguishing control center
- line valves for various zones
- visual alarm signals
- the booster pump/s (with diesel motor or electrical)
- a test lineand the pump control
- Optional: foam mixer and collector tray and foam tank
The PumpContainer can be configured with the following extinguishing devices depending on the protection goals targets and protection areas:
- Water mist turbine
- Extinguishing monitor
- Robust misting nozzles
Other Equipment Extinguishing System
In addition to the customized and modular PumpContainer, the automatic extinguishing system consists of:
- an efficient extinguishing technology:
- FT10e water mist turbine, for wide-area application of water mist and/or pinpoint extinguishing
- extinguishing monitor, for precise extinguishing
- robust spraying nozzles for efficient application of water mist
- reliable detection technology
- control and visualization
This is how an Automatic Extinguishing System works with Infrared Detection
Infrared systems permanently scan the halls surface and register the surface temperature. If a temperature increase is detected in one of the defined monitoring areas, the system triggers.
- The fire alarm goes to the extinguishing control panel, which starts an acoustic and visual alarm and sends it to the responsible fire alarm panel.
- At the same time, the early fire detection system starts an extinguishing cycle, with the extinguishing monitor or extinguishing turbine closest to the source of the fire. The extinguishing medium is directed precisely to the source of the fire.
- During the extinguishing cycle, the infrared system continues to scan the defined monitoring area and analyzes the panoramic thermal image again. If the criteria for the fire alarm are still given in the next monitoring cycle, the extinguishing cycle starts again. This continues until the hot spot has been successfully extinguished.
Depending on the distance of the fire source to the extinguishing monitor or extinguishing turbine, the type of spray and the swing range around the fire source are adjusted in order to achieve the best possible result.
If a hot spot is detected at another position in the monitoring area, the infrared system investigates which of the hot spots is the largest and most dangerous. This one will be tackled first
The Automatic Extinguishing System is suitable for the following Areas
Fields of Application
Each automatic extinguishing system is adapted to the customer's needs and is therefore very flexible in its application. Thanks to the possibility of equipping the extinguishing system with either a water mist turbine, monitor or spraying nozzles, there are many areas of application. Among others: RDF storage facilities, halls and open areas of recycling plants, tank farms, production facilities of the chemical industry, aircraft hangars, transformer stations as well as large storage areas with high fire load.
Recycling Plant Parentin, Germany
After a major fire, Parentin GmbH decided together with their insurer to protect the plant with a fully automatic extinguishing system. Extinguishing monitors in combination with an early fire detection system (PYROsmart®) from Orglmeister were installed in a total of three halls. The water supply is provided by three ponds connected to the central pump container. The advantage of this automatic extinguishing system: it detects emerging fire sources at an early stage and extinguishes them quickly and efficiently.
"The cooperation during the installation of the plant was absolutely problem-free, the communication was flawless. The acceptance of the plant by the Dekra inspection expert could be carried out early and without any complaints."
Statement Christian Kästner - Operations Manager at Parentin GmbH
These Solutions can be interesting for you
Every application and every customer needs an adapted solution - here you will find all elements of a fire extinguishing system.
Furthermore our turbines can operate as a stationary unit, a complete system, or mounted on a caterpillar vehicle, according to your own requirements. Find out about the various application possibilities for the turbine here.