The new generation of turbines for stationary fire protection was launched in May 2018 and the first installation in Frankfurt is ready for use. The familiar functions of the predecessor model have been preserved and a few more have been added.
At the “PRS Premium Recycling Service GmbH” recycling plant in Frankfurt, the first stationary turbine of the new generation, the FT10e model, has been put into operation and replaces the predecessor model.
The waste management facility currently employs about 50 people and has two halls where waste is delivered, stored and sorted.
The stationary plant was installed in the wood recycling area as it is the most susceptible to fires. The water turbine has different spray patterns with adjustable water flow. The customer opted for this investment because with the new model, he has the ability to couple the fire protection turbine with the fire alarm system and trigger it automatically in case of fire.
Why did PRS Premium Recycling opt for the FT10e?
- The new model, although more compact, has almost double the water flow rate compared to the old model
- The integrated water filtration system protects against blockage of the lines and from contamination
- The machine construction is more robust and yet more agile in its application
- The FT10e can be connected and controlled via an interface with the most diverse detection systems
- It is provided on site so that the local fire brigade can feed the required extinguishing quantities if the water supply from the fire truck fails
- This new model is also an eye-catcher in terms of design
The manager of PRS Premium Recycling, Carsten Suckow, is very satisfied with the new FT10e model.
More information can be found here:
· FT10e stationary fire protection turbine
· Fire protection at recycling plants
TAF™ =Turbine-aided Firefighting